If you or a loved one have experienced a car accident firsthand, you understand the devastating impact it can have on the lives of all involved. Even minor injuries sustained in automobile accidents can affect victims for the rest of their lives. When a human life is extinguished at the hands of a reckless driver, there are no words to encompass what the victim’s friends and families go through during the aftermath. It is important that auto accident victims have someone they can trust to lead them through the complex, and often painful, legal requirements during the days and weeks that follow.
Hire a San Ramon Auto Accident Attorney to Assist You With Your Personal Injury Claim
If you live in the Bay Area, the right auto accident attorney can help you along your journey towards closure. S/he can assist you in communications with insurance companies, officers of the law, and can assist you in recovering your personal losses. At Pocklington Law Offices, we can determine whether your case can be filed as a personal injury claim. Victims of a reckless car accident may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and/or your pain and suffering. As an auto accident attorney San Ramon, we will patiently guide you through the confusing labyrinth of insurance paperwork and legal proceedings.
Here are some current facts about car accidents that can help you understand the serious risks reckless drivers pose to fellow motorists. Your auto injury claim might be the action required to prevent others from experiencing the same devastation you have lived through.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Administration, car accidents are the leading cause of injury for people between the ages 3-34 in the U.S.
- Auto accidents are also the 11th leading cause of death in this country.
- In 2010, distracted driving accounted for more than 3000 deaths and numerous injuries.
- More than 10,000 people were killed in accidents related to alcohol consumption – that is a little more than 1 death per hour.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for children between the ages of 1 and 12.
- 840,000 injuries a year take place in car accidents off of public highways
Not all car accidents are the result of reckless or negligent driving. However, when an irresponsible driver causes personal pain and anguish, Pocklington Law Offices, your auto accident attorney in San Ramon can be an invaluable resource.
The most common causes of automobile accidents in the bay area include:
- Drunk Driving – the legal limit for alcohol in California is .08. An accident caused by a driver who tests lower than the legal limit can still be held responsible for alcohol-related negligence.
- Driver Fatigue – Driving while fatigued can produce the same cognitive affect as alcohol and/or drugs.
- Looking at Scenery or Outside Distractions
- Cell Phones – Phone calls, text messaging, or emailing while driving can increase a driver’s chance of crashing by 23 times.
- Making Adjustments to the Radio, iPod, or CD Changer
- Distractions caused by Passengers
- Rubbernecking – Ironically, many car accidents are caused by those trying to look at an accident that has occurred ahead.
- Reckless Driving – Speeding, driving aggressively, failure to use proper signaling, or demonstrating a disregard for fellow motorists often contribute to reckless driving.
Pocklington Law Offices, Auto Accident Attorney. San Ramon Lawyer Providing Expert Legal Counsel & Aggressive Representation
Unfortunately, another common cause of car accidents is a defect in the car or on the roadway. In this case, you are especially vulnerable to corporate entities and/or municipalities who often do everything in their power to prevent you from receiving the legal compensation you deserve. As a top auto accident attorney in the San Ramon area, our lawyers will discuss the facts of your case with industry specialists and determine who is responsible for the accident. If required, we will provide aggressive legal representation to ensure you are compensated in the manner your case is entitled to.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of catastrophic injury, contact Pocklington Law Offices. San Ramon accident victims will be assisted in filing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible parties. In the unfortunate case that a car accident caused a loved one’s death, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. While nothing can ever replace the life of someone you love, witnessing that justice is rendered can facilitate the grieving process for you and your family and provide some sense of closure.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding a recent car, motorcycle, truck, or other motor vehicle accident. One of our caring and experienced representatives will discuss your case during a free consultation to determine if we can be of assistance to you and your family.
Serving All of San Ramon, CA: